What’s the Lifespan of a Fiberglass Pool?
January 27, 2022
How long does a fiberglass pool last? If you take good care of it, you will likely be able to enjoy it for 25 to 30 years. This longevity is only one reason to own a fiberglass pool over vinyl or concrete. So, before you choose your pool for next summer, consider all your choices. Here are seven reasons why a fiberglass pool may work for you:
- Easy maintenance: If you want a pool that stays with you for decades, you likely want one that is not a bear to maintain. Fiberglass fits that bill. These pools do not contain liners that need replacement or develop seams and cracks where algae breeds. If you purchase a vinyl pool, prepare to replace the liner every 10 years, and watch out for algae blooms.
- Durability: Your pool withstands various debris and chemicals. While pool chemicals are necessary to maintain water balance and safety, they are rough on linings. Part of the reason you need to replace vinyl linings is that the chemicals take a toll. Fiberglass does not suffer the same impacts from chemicals and debris. While you pay more upfront to install a fiberglass pool, you save money and time by avoiding major repairs and maintenance.
- Good for your budget: Concrete and vinyl pools need constant maintenance. While we discussed lining and cleaning vinyl pools, that becomes a much more immense undertaking with concrete. Concrete requires expensive resurfacing every five years, and building these pools costs more than fiberglass or vinyl. With fiberglass, you install the pool and rarely pay for maintenance beyond cleaning. It offers the lowest cost of ownership over the decades you own it.
- Many design options: Fiberglass pools have a quality high-end look that gets noticed. Choose traditional or modern designs, or even go wild with unusual new pool colors. Whether you want your pool to blend with your landscaping or stand out, you will find the option you desire with fiberglass.
- Quick construction: If you are not one for delayed gratification, fiberglass is a good choice for you. Fiberglass pools install quickly for those of you who wanted a pool yesterday! It is also easy to install for an experienced pool technician, so fewer things can go wrong and cause delays.
- Compatible with saltwater: Many people want a swimming pool, but allergies or sensitivities to chlorine or bromine hold them back. If that is the case with you, you’ve likely considered a saltwater pool. Fortunately, fiberglass is compatible with both chlorine and saltwater pools. So, if you prefer saltwater, fiberglass may be the right choice.
- Easy to repair: Even durable products may face rare damage. Fortunately, it is easy to repair if anything goes wrong with your fiberglass pool. You will have your pool back to new and available for fun in no time!
A-1 Pools & Spas builds fiberglass swimming pools, handling the whole process from design to construction. If even one reason to own a fiberglass pool appeals to you, we can help you assess your options and find the ideal pool for your yard. Contact us today to get started.
Categorised in: Pool Contractors