Lounging by your private pool is one of the best ways to beat the summer heat. But is your pool meeting all of your needs, or do you wish your pool was a bit nicer or easier to maintain? If so, keep reading. This post will cover a few ideas for pool renovations this summer:
- Pool automation system: Owning a pool shouldn’t mean a ton of hard work! Instead of doing a ton of manual labor to get your pool ready, invest in some automation systems. Opening the pool cover, turning the lights and heat on, cleaning the pool and much more can all be done with the touch of a button nowadays.
- Energy-efficient equipment: Between the pump, lights and heating elements, upkeep for a pool can start to get expensive. The best way to slash your pool-related energy bills is by upgrading your equipment. Consider a variable-speed pool pump or solar-powered lights and heaters.
- Underwater LED lights: Another one of our renovation ideas that can save you money and give your pool a new look are underwater LED lights. These energy-efficient lights can change colors to give your pool a unique look and help set the mood during night swims.
- Glow in the dark tiles: Pool tiles don’t have to be boring anymore! Glow-in-the-dark, mosaic tiles are becoming an increasingly popular option for pool renovations. These tiles get “charged up” during the day from the sunlight and give your pool a unique look for up to eight hours after sunset.
- Pool resurfacing: Your pool surface won’t last forever before it needs to be redone. If it’s been a few years since you’ve had it resurfaced, now’s the time to make the investment. Even if you don’t opt to add the glow-in-the-dark tiles, resurfacing will make your pool look years younger.
- Water features: Do you want to turn your standard pool into a beautiful oasis? Then consider adding a waterfall, spillway or similar water feature. The relaxing sound of the flowing water can help take your worries away, and the kids will love swimming under them.
- Slide or diving board: Give the kids something they’ll really love by installing a diving board or a slide. These pool features aren’t all that expensive to purchase, but they should be installed by a professional to ensure they’re safe and secured to the pool deck.
- Change to a saltwater system: One of the most drastic renovations you can undertake is changing your traditional chlorine pool to a saltwater one. This process is another task that should be performed by a professional, but it’s well worth the investment. Saltwater pools require much less maintenance and are better for your skin, hair and eyes.
Now’s the best time to schedule your renovation
By now, you have plenty of pool renovation ideas—but don’t wait until next summer to renovate your pool and enjoy the upgrades! Call our professionals at A-1 Pools & Spas today to get a quote for your renovations or to discuss your renovation options.
Categorised in: Pool Contractors