Are you thinking about buying a hot tub? This is a major purchase, which means you should do plenty of research before taking the plunge. There are many factors to consider, ranging from where you want to put it to how much you want to spend. Here’s our guide to buying a hot tub in New Haven County, CT:
- Budget: First and foremost, you’ll need to consider your budget. Hot tubs can cost anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000 (with some luxury models exceeding those figures). Think about the maximum amount you can afford to spend versus what you’d like to spend, and you’ll have a good working budget. That way, when you consider the other factors, you’ll know where you want to spend extra money and where you don’t.
- Location: Where will you put your hot tub? Not only is space a consideration, but you’ll need a firm, flat and stable surface on which to install the hot tub. You’ll also need an electrical outlet nearby to plug it in. It needs to be sturdy enough to support not just the weight of the tub itself, but the weight of the tub when it’s full of water and filled with people. Most people choose decks and patios for this reason.
- Size and capacity: Now that you know where you’ll put your hot tub, you can start measuring for size. Measure the maximum dimensions that you could possibly fit, and aim to buy something a bit smaller. You should also think about how many people you want your tub to fit—one that holds two to four adults is a popular size, but if you have a big family or are frequently entertaining, you might want to go larger.
- Type: Next, you’ll choose between portable and permanent. Permanent tubs are built into cement and will stay with your property if you move. Portable tubs can be moved, but most homeowners choose to sell them along with the property.
- What you’ll use it for: What do you plan to use your tub for—exercise, relaxation, entertaining or all of the above? This will help you narrow down size, capacity and type factors.
- Jets: The more jets you have, the more massage power your hot tub will have. Most tubs today come with adjustable jets so you can target specific sore muscles.
- Materials and appearance: Finally, you’ll decide what kind of materials and appearance you want your hot tub to have. This is mostly an aesthetic consideration, which usually hinges on what you prefer, how much you want to spend and other minor features.
Whatever kind of hot tub you choose, make sure you get the accessories you need. Covers, aromatherapy features and cup holders are all great features to add.
Still have questions after reading this hot tub buyer’s guide in New Haven County, CT? Stop by A-1 Pools & Spas today to learn more about your options. We’ll be happy to help match you with the hot tub of your dreams.
Categorised in: Hot Tubs