Ways to Enjoy Your Pool While Social Distancing
At the moment, the United States is dealing with unprecedented circumstances. Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, people across the country are being forced to rethink the way we go about our daily lives (at least for the time being). While the U.S. struggles to contain and eliminate the virus, new strategies are being put in place to allow residents some semblance of a normal life.
Just because you’re being a responsible citizen and taking steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19 doesn’t mean you have to give up your favorite summer activities. Here are some steps you can take to stay safe and have fun while social distancing in your swimming pool in New Haven County, CT.
Keep your swimmers safe
The first thing to do is to make sure you’re taking extra precautions for swimmers:
- Increase the chlorine level of your pool to improve sanitation.
- Keep a bottle of hand sanitizer nearby for swimmers to use as they exit the pool.
- Check that potential swimmers aren’t ill or symptomatic before they enter your pool.
- Wash your hands every time you exit the pool.
- Avoid touching your face while swimming.
Those simple steps will ensure that the guests in your pool are being responsible and minimizing the risk to others. Of course, the best thing to do to keep your swimmers safe is to stay six feet apart. Social distancing while swimming in New Haven County, CT may be a little unusual, but it doesn’t have to be a drag.
Try these activities!
The most useful way to avoid potential social distancing swimming doldrums is to keep your swimmers busy. Here are some fun games and ideas to try out:
- Obstacle course: Using random (preferably waterproof) items from around your pool and home, you can create underwater tunnels, slalom lines and more depending on your swimmers’ skill level.
- Diving contest: Take turns jumping from your pool’s diving board. Do flips, spins or just get creative with it. While one person jumps, the rest of the group can hold up score cards to add to the fun.
- Lap races: Ignite some competition and stay physically fit with some good old-fashioned lap races. You can keep two swimmers on either side of your pool and have them perform different strokes or swim a different number of laps to mix things up.
However you choose to enjoy your pool, there are plenty of fun ways to social distance while taking a dip.
Let A-1 Pools & Spas come to your aid
Before you can have fun with swimming, you’ll need to make sure your private pool is up for the task. That’s when it’s time to call on the pros at A-1 Pools & Spas. We have more than 35 years of experience designing, installing and maintaining pools and spas of all varieties. When it comes to pool safety in New Haven County, CT this summer, we’re ready to help you out.
Our expertise doesn’t stop there. We also offer a range of other accessories to help turn your entire backyard into the oasis you’ve always dreamed of. One call to A-1 Pools & Spas can make it happen. Pick up the phone and call today!
Categorised in: Pool Contractors