When you’re ready to get a pool, the first question you have to ask is: do I want an in-ground or above-ground pool? The benefits—and costs—of both are many, but when you’re looking for in-ground or above-ground pools in New Haven County, CT, it’s good to weigh the differences. The type of pool that’s right for you will depend on a number of factors.
When to pick an in-ground pool
- If you can afford it: In-ground pools can cost anywhere from $30,000 to $70,000, which is a lot of money for most families. If you can afford it, great! If not, an above-ground pool can provide similar enjoyment for years to come. Some of the reasons for the expense include land grading, decking and electrical hookups. It’s not the right choice for everyone.
- Timing: Most in-ground pools will last at least 20 years, while an above-ground pool might last about 10, if you’re lucky and maintain it properly.
- Aesthetics: Let’s face it—in-ground pools look more beautiful and luxurious than above-ground options. If you’re staying in your home for the foreseeable future and love to swim, creating your own oasis is a good option.
- Value: When you buy an in-ground pool, you’re increasing the value of your home, sometimes by as much as 15 percent. It makes sense—everyone wants their own backyard haven.
- Customization: While above-ground pools in New Haven County, CT are great, their customization options are more limited compared to in-ground pools. Get a kidney-shaped pool like the 1960s Palm Springs days of yore, or completely change the size and shape of what you want based on your own personal space—it’s up to you and your budget.
When to choose an above-ground pool
- When it’s not your forever home: Most people move homes fairly frequently, and if the home you bought didn’t come with a pool, that’s cool—get an above-ground pool to help bridge the gap. If you’re not totally committed to your space but want the benefits a pool provides, getting an above-ground pool can help.
- Safety: There are a lot of times when having an above-ground pool can be beneficial, and quite frankly, drowning situations are among them. About half of drownings occur in in-ground pools, so being able to let the water flow out of the pool can be a great benefit to anyone who is worried about child—or adult—safety.
If you’re ready to buy a pool, A-1 Pools & Spas can help. We’re experts at helping homeowners decide where and when to put in their pools, as well as designing the space to make it suit their needs.
Get above-ground and in-ground pools in New Haven County, CT
A-1 Pools & Spas has been New Haven County’s go-to resource for pool maintenance, supplies and service for years. Our family owned and operated company is dedicated to providing you with everything you need to keep your pool or spa safe, happy and healthy. Reach out to us today to arrange a consultation and learn more about what we can do for you.
Categorised in: Pool Contractors