New Year’s Resolutions for Pool Owners
It might be the dead of winter, but pool season will be here again before you know it. In addition to the traditional “go to the gym more,” “spend more time with family and friends” and “finally clean out my closet once and for all” resolutions, you might consider making your pool your goal-setting focus for 2020. Not only is it smart to take care of one of your home’s best features, but between exercise and entertaining possibilities, taking care of your pool can have positive effects that spill over into your other resolutions. Here are our best resolution tips for pool owners in New Haven County, CT:
- Resolve to stay on top of your maintenance tasks: Keeping your pool safe, clean and well-maintained requires a strict schedule. Take 10 minutes out of your day now to schedule basic maintenance tasks on your summer calendar—or make appointments for the pros to take care of them for you—so by the time summer rolls around, you won’t forget.
- Resolve to make safety a priority: Obviously, pool safety is of paramount concern, especially if you have small children or pets. Your gates should be self-latching. Pool alarms, drain covers and pool safety covers are also wise investments that can prevent tragic accidents.
- Resolve to test the water regularly: Good water balance is important in the care and upkeep of your pool, as well as the comfort of your swimmers. You can purchase at-home water testing kits that will help you analyze the chemical content and makeup of your pool water.
- Resolve to set a winterization schedule: You should start winterizing your pool before the cold snaps set in. When you make your summer maintenance schedule, go a few months into the future to start getting ready for winter.
- Resolve to be environmentally friendly: You can use environmentally-friendly chemicals, LED lights and variable speed pumps to reduce the environmental impact of your pool.
- Resolve to make your pool a resolution workhorse: Once your pool is in top shape, you’re going to want to use it and show it off more than ever. Swimming is great exercise, which is why it can help you reach your fitness goals as soon as the weather permits. And if you’ve been wishing you could spend more time with family and friends, you’ll love entertaining outdoors with your restored pool and spa area.
Taking your pool’s maintenance seriously can lead to a whole year of enjoyment and set you up for good habits well past 2020.
Stay on top of your New Year’s pool resolutions in New Haven County, CT
Locally owned and operated, A-1 Pool & Spas has been serving the New Haven area for over 35 years, offering residential pool maintenance, installation and supplies to our valued customers. We offer individualized estimates on your pool repair and maintenance, so you’ll always know what to expect before you use our services. Find out why we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau when you call us today. We look forward to working with you soon.
Categorised in: Pool Contractors