Your pool is a great place to unwind and relax when the weather gets warmer, but you likely need to invest a little effort into your pool before its ready for use again after the winter. Proper pool maintenance is essential to keep your pool safe and prevent premature wear, tear and damage. By taking a little bit of time for pool maintenance in New Haven County, CT this spring, you can avoid some major headaches down the road and enjoy your pool to the fullest this spring and summer:
- Remove your cover carefully: The first thing you need to do when you’re cleaning your pool is remove the cover. You have to do this carefully to prevent any water and debris on top of your pool cover from falling into your pool. Drain your pool cover and remove any leaves or debris before you remove the cover. Make sure to get help from someone when you’re removing the cover, since they are often too heavy for one person to effectively remove on their own.
- Store your pool cover properly: After you’ve removed your pool cover, you can scrub the cover to get rid of any remaining debris, dirt and grime and lay it out to dry. Once it’s dried, fold it and store it in a dry place like your garage until you need it again.
- Refill your pool: Using a hose, refill your pool to get the water level back to normal. Once your pool is refilled, you can begin hooking up your equipment and getting your pool back into working order again.
- Set up pool equipment and accessories: Reconnect your filter, pump, heater and any other equipment or accessories that you will be using with your pool. Remove any attachments or plugs that you installed over the winter months so that you can connect everything again.
- Get your system up and running: After you have reconnected everything, you can start to turn on your equipment to get water moving through your pool. You should turn on your filtration system and prime your pool pump to get it running again. When you’re activating your equipment, make sure to keep an eye out for any signs of leaks or damage to hoses or components.
- Test your water and adjust chemicals: Once everything is back up and running again, it’s important to test your water so that you can determine whether it needs any treatment or rebalancing. It’s a good idea to get testing and treatment from a professional who specializes in pool maintenance in New Haven County, CT to ensure that your water is as balanced as possible.
Get help with pool maintenance in New Haven County, CT
If you are looking for professional pool maintenance in New Haven County, CT, reach out to A-1 Pools & Spas. Since 1983, our family owned and operated business has been proud to provide comprehensive pool services, including design, construction, maintenance and repair. Regardless of your specific needs or your vision for your pool or spa, our team has the experience necessary to help you. Give us a call today to get started with a consultation and service quote.
Categorised in: Uncategorized