A swimming pool can offer significant opportunities for recreation, relaxation and physical activity, but it can be challenging to keep up with all of the maintenance and care that it requires. When something goes wrong with your pool, you might have trouble finding the source of the issue, let alone the right solution. By taking the time to troubleshoot your pool problem, you can take proactive steps with pool repair in New Haven County, CT so that it stays in the best condition possible for years to come:
- Algae growth: Algae develops in pools when they aren’t properly treated or maintained. Algae is a common issue in pools after they’ve been out of service for several weeks or months. If you uncover your pool and find algae development, the first thing you should do is clean your filter. Once you’ve done that, you can start scrubbing away algae from your pool and add shock treatment to your water to rebalance the pH. Typically, it takes about one to three days for algae to clear up after shock treatment.
- Water discoloration: If your water has become discolored, it’s possible that it’s because of equipment corrosion. This corrosion can cause particles and components to leech into your pool water and cause discoloration. In the event that you notice pool water discoloration, you should avoid getting in the water until the issue is resolved.
- Water loss: If your water level seems to be getting lower and lower, even after you refill your pool, it’s possible that there’s a leak somewhere in your pool system. If this is the case, you will need to get pool repair in new Haven County, CT from a professional pool technician. They will be able to find the source of the issue and fix the problem.
- Noisy pump operation: Noisy pool pump operation isn’t just irritating—it’s a sign that there might be an issue with the pump. As your pump components wear down over time, your pump might become noisier than usual. Pay attention to the operation of your pump and contact a repair provider if there’s something out of the ordinary going on.
- Skin irritation: If you’re experiencing skin or eye irritation when you swim in your pool, chances are your pool has become contaminated or you have a chemical imbalance. The best way to resolve this problem is by using a shock treatment for your pool. This will clear up any contaminants and restore your pool’s chemical balance to prevent skin and eye irritation when you swim.
Schedule pool repair in New Haven County, CT
You can find out more about how to troubleshoot your pool issues and request professional pool repair in New Haven County, CT by reaching out to the team at A-1 Pools & Spas. We are proud to be a family owned and operated company with decades of experience serving clients with comprehensive pool services, including construction, maintenance and repairs. We are fully licensed and qualified so you can feel confident in the quality of the service that you receive from us. Give us a call today to make an appointment!
Categorised in: Uncategorized