As a pool owner, you need certain pieces of equipment to keep your pool well maintained and safe for use. But which pool supplies are actual needs, as opposed to mere luxuries?
Here are some examples of some must-have pool equipment in New Haven County, CT that all pool owners should have in their possession:
- Water test strips: You must regularly test your water as a part of ongoing pool maintenance. Do this at least once a week. This lets you know when you need to put more chemicals into your pool to prevent the formation and spread of bacteria and algae. Having these test strips on hand at your property prevents you from having to drive to your closest pool supply store with samples of your water for them to test for you every time you want a test done. It saves you a whole lot of time and money.
- Pool shock: You need the proper pool chemicals, including pool shock, to prevent the buildup of microbes and bacteria in your pool. If the water is properly balanced, your pool actually shouldn’t smell like anything—if there’s a chemical smell, it means your sanitizer is running low and is not properly doing its job. Shocking the pool restores those sanitizer levels, kills off bacteria and prevents algae formation.
- Manual vacuum: A manual vacuum can really come in handy if you have an algae infestation on your property. After using an algae brush (another must-have piece of equipment) to brush the algae away from the surfaces of the pool, you must remove it from the water with the vacuum. You can also use it to get rid of other types of debris. This is a more reliable cleaning method than automatic cleaners, which can save you a bit of energy but also are not as likely to clean some hard-to-reach areas.
- Telescoping pole: This is a pole that extends outward, making it great for reaching items at the bottom of your pool without having to go down there yourself. You can use a variety of interchangeable heads, depending on the purpose you’re using the pole for, including a manual vacuum head, a pool brush or a pool skimmer.
- Filter cleaner: The functionality of your pool filter plays a major role in the health of your water. It’s not possible to completely avoid having dirt and grime build up in your filter, but that’s what the filter is there for. Every now and then, though, you must clean out the filter for it to keep functioning properly. A filter cleaner will get rid of the residue that’s built up inside and help to prevent cloudy water, improving the overall efficiency of your filter in the process.
- Pool cover: If you don’t want to have to use a skimmer multiple times a day, a pool cover is a must-have item, as it is very effective at keeping a majority of the debris out of your pool. This can save you a whole lot of time and energy.
For more information about must-have pool equipment in New Haven County, CT, contact A-1 Pools & Spas today!
Categorised in: Uncategorized